Changing your oil is one of the cheapest and most efficient way to maximise the lifespan of your engine.
How to recognise if your car needs to have the oil replaced?
Here are a few tips:
- The easiest way is to keep track of oil changes and car mileage in your service book. Your car warranty will usually indicate the recommended manufacturer oil change intervals. Distances may vary between 3,000 and 15,000 miles depending on the model you drive.
- Your oil is black and gritty.
- Your engine works louder than normal.
- You cannot remember the last time you changed oil.
- Your oil or check engine warning lights keep coming on, indicating possible oil level drop and increased oil consumption.
Stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter
Make sure your heating and aircon are in good order before you travel. Regular checks at Autocar Centre will ensure you can travel in complete comfort regardless of the season.
It’s important to remember that air conditioning in your car should be serviced at least once a year. This will prevent potential leaks in the system and ensure that filters function properly, removing dump and air pollutants effectively.